Please send us an email or call if you have any further questions that aren't answered below!
What should I wear?
- Farms are muddy! We recommend closed-toe shoes that you don’t mind getting a little dirty (old sneakers/hiking boots). If you have mud/rain boots, even better (we've got extras too).
- We also go rain, shine, sleet, snow or hail. Here in the Catskills you could see all in the same day! It’s usually about 10-15 degrees cooler up here than it is in NYC. Please dress for the weather, we’ll be outside a lot of the day.
Will we eat?
- Yes! We partner with local producers who make amazing food. We’ll make sure you get lunch or dinner and some snacks/tastings along the way.
- All meals, drinks, and tastings are included in the tour price.
- Yes! All our partners have products they sell, it’s how they support themselves and their families. Depending on which farms we stop at you’ll be able to buy local meat, veggies, cheese, maple syrup, honey, plants, and other agricultural products. Not every farm takes credit cards, so having some cash is handy.
- We carry coolers in the van, and give everyone a tote bag, so you’ll be able to easily transport all your goodies back home.
Can I buy stuff?
Can I bring my kids?
- Yes! Kids love visiting our farms. We recommend that you take one of our daytime family-friendly farm tours, and not an evening tour.
- Note that this is a long day for some kids. We'll be out and about from 9:30AM to 4:00PM, in and out of the van all day. Use your judgement if this works for your kids.
- We do not provide car seats. If your child requires one, you are responsible for bringing it and installing it in the van. Please let us know when booking that you will be bringing a car seat.
Most farms are not Certified Organic but all practice sustainable agriculture. Our farmers live on their land, use zero (or extremely low) amounts of pesticides, don’t use growth hormones, and only use antibiotics when the health of the animal is in danger. A powerful part of the tour is getting to know your farmer and understanding their philosophies. We encourage you to ask lots of questions!
Are the farms organic?
- Day time tours start at 9:30 and run until about 3:30/4:00PM.
- Evening tours generally start at 4:30, but special runs could start at different times.
- Check your confirmation email for the specific start time of your tour.
How long do tours last?
Yes! Please dress appropriately for the weather.
Does the tour run rain or shine?
Our partner farms are pretty isolated and our farmers are friendly, but it's always a good idea to take your valuables with you.
Is it safe to leave my stuff in the van?
This will depend on the farm, but you’ll be on your feet for a lot of the day. Be prepared for uneven surfaces, mud, and a good amount of walking.
How much walking will there be?
We try to keep our tours small in range to limit driving. Most farms will be 10-20 minutes apart, with a longer drive at the start and end of the tour, but the drive is part of the experience. Enjoy the beautiful scenery along the way!
How much driving will there be?
We love animals! But, unfortunately pets are not allowed on our tours. We visit working farms with diverse animals and cannot bring your pet with us.
Can I bring my pet?
Yes please! We will have drinks available, but encourage you to bring your own water (we're into saving the earth and all that).
Do I need to bring a water bottle?
Our tours and the farms we visit will vary by the season and by the day. We will give you a full itinerary at the start of the day so you’ll know when to expect bathroom stops and meals and what types of farms we’ll be visiting. A full list of all our partners can be found here.
What farms will we visit? Is there an itinerary?
We are able to refund you in full, with one-week notice. Within of one-week of your event we are unfortunately not able to provide a refund.